Children love to play with slime! But, you must make sure they don’t put it in their mouths since it is typically made with glue.
I came across this recipe using PEEPS that I want to share. You may have some of these marshmallow colored candy chicks left over from Easter, and it is on sale right now! Using PEEPS, you can make a fun and safe slime for the kids to play with. However, since it’s made of candy, it will only last a day before breaking down. Have fun!
You Will Need:
PEEPS (sleeve of 5 – for each color you want to make)
- Choose one color of PEEPS at a time, then break apart 5 chicks and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil to the bowl of PEEPS.
- Put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave. The PEEPS will vary in temperature from warm to hot, so an adult must do the next step.
- Add a Tablespoon of Cornstarch, at a time, and then knead it into the softened PEEPS.
- For each colored batch of PEEP Slime, you will need approximately (3 Tablespoons) of Cornstarch. But, remember to knead each Tablespoon of Cornstarch into the mixture well before adding any more cornstarch.